About Richard H. Evans
Richard H. Evans CA, CPA, CPA (California), CVA, ABV, ASA, CFF, CFE
DIRECTOR OF VALUATION SERVICES
Rick is the Director of Valuation Services. He graduated from Carleton University with a Bachelor of Arts – Economics. He has practiced in public accounting and business consulting since 1986 both in California and Ontario. For the past 15 years, Rick’s practice has been in the areas of business valuation, litigation support, auditing and forensic accounting. Rick started McCay Duff Valuations and Consulting in late 2012 after practicing in California for 15 years.
Rick has provided expert witness services on various complex valuation and income determination in the following:
- Qualified as an expert in Superior Court in Contra Costa County, California;
- Qualified as an expert in Superior Court of Justice, Family Law Branch, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Corporate Litigation
- Buying/selling all or part of a business
- Corporate or partnership dissolutions or reorganizations
- Shareholder/partner disputes
- Estate Planning
- Obtaining financing
- Family Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Due Diligence
Click here to view Rick's resume.
Accredited Senior Appraiser
Rick is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) belonging to the American Society of Appraisers
Accredited Senior Appraisers in business valuations must:
- Hold a university degree;
- Complete 10,000 hours of verified business valuation experience;
- Complete a 15 hour standards course and pass a written exam;
- Pass an ASA Ethics Exam;
- Complete a set of 4 Principles of Valuation courses on appraisal theory and practice and pass four respective exams; or write an 8 hour challenge exam;
- Submit a comprehensive written business valuation report performed for an actual client. The report must pass a critical review graded on technical competence and compliance with the guidelines set by USPAP, the ASA’s Principles of Appraisal Practice and Code of Ethics and the Business Valuation Standards. The report is graded by two members of the American Society of Appraisers International Board of Examiners.
Whether it is helping you buy or sell a business, or providing assistance with obtaining financing for your business, we offer guidance that you can rely on.